Thursday, May 15, 2008

The End is Near


Tomorrow marks the end of session and the beginning of my weekly trek to KC. I can't believe its already been five months! Time flies when you're having fun or as JJ says, "Time flies when you get old!"

Ive put a transfer in for KC. JJ and I finally realized, mainly due to the ridiculously priced gas, (Thank you Mr. Bush!), it makes more sense for me to be where she will be seven months out of the year, instead of five.

I'm looking forward to the move to the big city. I just wish I knew when the transfer will go through. I will patiently wait for the Postal gods to give me the go ahead and hope it's only a few months and not a few years.

I despise the whole transfer process, but I'm thankful transferring is an option. I also keep reminding myself that everything happens for a reason and when the forces above decide it's time, I will get my transfer.

Until then, i will just keep focusing on the incredible opportunities JJ and I have been afforded this summer. One being a once in a life time trip to Turkey for eleven days and a little getaway for a couple of days to some island....I believe Maui is the name of the said island. Oh yeah, and I must not forget the little excursion JJ will take in August. She is going to Denver, CO to hang with some other "chosen Democrats". Some kind of convention or something. I think it has something to do with an election of some sort that is occurring in 2008?

No comments: